Friday, October 28, 2011

Getting closer.. departing California

So the time's ticking down, getting closer and closer to departure date! I leave sunny California early Wednesday morning with a short stop in Portland then heading up to Seattle to finalize packing and prepping for departure.

I got my shots yesterday, and picked up pills today. I picked up a metric ton of anti malarial pills (120), and also a Typhoid vaccine and antibiotics just in case. Started the 4 pill, 8 day Typhoid series tonight (ugh) and currently nauseous as I type this. Oh so much fun. Developing a mild allergy to water in the last year isn't fun. 

Still tackling a packing list, working with getting light weight clothes and trying to keep the gadgets minimal. It's somewhat hopeless, but am trying. :) 

Updates on the Flooding in Bangkok shows it's still bad, but I am sure I'll figure something eles out if needed. It looks like Intrepid seems to be working around with flying into Chiang Mai instead of BK for the trips through the 9th, my trip hasn't been listed yet as altered, but it is looking likely. Should be doable, just a pain. Hopefully my trip insurance will cover if anything goes drastically wrong. 

These last few weeks have been crazy busy, but fun and filled with friends and good food. Thanks to everyone who has put me up and fed me, I'll miss you all but I am getting SOOOO excited! It's gonna be a grand adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment