Monday, November 14, 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane..

Well close and closer. 2.5 days to go at the time I am writing this. 

In the few weeks I have been up here (Seattle) I have been running around trying to get the last bits I needed, plus seeing friends, and working on a new project Mom and I started. We are taking her new book she made (http://www.lovethatimage.com/ if you missed hearing about it) and using a damaged one to make really neat jewelry! It's been fun playing with crafts and such, experimenting to see what worked and what hasn't. We have ended up with a bunch of rectangular glass fronted pendants and small glass magnets, the coasters are still in the experiment stage, we are having trouble with the image absorbing the adhesive and getting funky. Mom's gonna try selling them in the crafts fairs when she goes to sell her book. If they sell well we might eventually sell them online! (Sneak peek photo of some of my favorites attached, sorry for the poor photo quality, it's dark. :P ) The black and white one at the top is mine (MINE!) I am taking it with me to Asia, it's around my neck right now. :)


So, back to travel news.. 

The backpack has been packed and weighed, and unpacked to rearrange things. I found almost everything I have been looking for (STILL can't find the darn towel, guess I'll have to go without) and it's a mostly acceptable weight. At least it's within the Airlines guidelines, though a bit heavy for extended carrying at 35lbs. I DID remember at the last minute to pack the Bathing suit!

Tonight I am still messing with the EBooks, trying to fix the MetaData before I send the books to the Reader. Almost all of the files were messed up, it's been a interesting and somewhat tedious project. Tomorrow I get to pack the Bag for real, Make Photocopies, and get more passport photos taken. Wine tasting with Steph and hanging out.. then Wednesday has been intentionally left open. We will see what comes to fill it. Thursday I get on a plane, and 20 mind numbing hours later I arrive in Bangkok!

Due to the flooding we HAVE been rerouted, so 6 hrs later I take a 1 hr flight to Chang Mai and the Adventure begins! Here's hoping I manage to update often.

Not quite sure how the Itinerary will change, but probably staying similar to posted with just an extra day in Chang Mai.

itinerary

Days 1-2

Bangkok

Day 3

Chiang Mai

Day 4

Huay Xai

Day 5

Mekong River

Days 6-8

Luang Prabang

Days 9-10

Vang Vieng

Day 11

Vientiane

Day 12

Hanoi

Day 13

Halong Bay

Days 14-15

Hanoi

Day 16

Hue

Days 17-19

Hoi An

Days 20-21

Ho Chi Minh City

Days 22-23

Phnom Penh

Day 24

Homestay

Days 25-27

Siem Reap/Angkor Wat

Days 28-29

Bangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment