Friday, September 14, 2012

Non Traveling (mostly) travel update.. or what I have been up to. :)

Starlight from Critical Massive 2012
An art car in front of the Temple, Burning Man 2012
Blue Hair! Me, 2012

Some of the Jewelry pendants
---------

So I figured it's time for a brief update on my life, travel and not. Since June things have changed, and not changed, all at once. The short and sweet is my life rocks.

I have been settling nicely into Seattle, still living with my mom and her hubby for now. Financially it helps them, and we haven't wanted to kill each other yet. This, of course, is helped along by the fact that I have been out of the state/house more than I think I have been home recently! 

Not long after I last sent out an update I took a trip to Cali to pick up the last of the stuff I had there (mostly camping gear) and visit friends. Had a fantastic time, helped out my former boss a bit, and got a bit of marketing/networking done for my mom's new wholesale jewelry business. It was tons of fun stopping by stores that MIGHT be a fit and poking around looking at neat things. On the drive back up I stopped in a bunch of places along the route in Oregon and Washington too! It's slowley taking off, now I just have to be home more so I can concentrate. (or at least that's the hope)

 [in answer to frequent questions: It's glass tile jewelry, cut from the pages of my mom's book, Flowers of the Volunteer Park Conservatory www.lovethatimage.com and glued and sealed to the back of glass tiles. --  No we are not doing Etsy, too saturated with jewelry and it would be smaller orders, rather than larger wholesale orders. -- We are not yet doing custom pieces, but might at some point, still working out the logistics of paper and ink that won't blur at the sealing process -- When we have someone who sells it online, I will totally tell you all about it. -- I might do some sort of open sale to friends only a bit later in the year, maybe]

Other than that Jaunt which took 3 weeks rather than the expected two (Bonus Tahoe for 4th of July with awesome friends), I have been going roller skating a lot more. Yay Excercise. Also malking many new friends up here in Seattle. 

Went to Critical Massive in July, which is the Seattle Regional Burning Man event. A week long art/music/fun camping trip in a wooded/grassy private campground about an hour and a half north of Seattle with 1000 people. It was wonderful and I had a great time. (could have skipped on the mosquitos though)

And in August I WENT TO BURNING MAN!! Totally managed to get a ticket, and a camp with infrastructure (shade, kitchen, shower/greywater setup) and a carpool totally last minute (Thanks Kendra for the AWESOME camp and ride BTW)! It was beyond awesome and I loved it. Made fantastic new friends and saw gorgeous art. Next year I have to work at being more mobile during the day. I suck at Bicycles and Sunshine hates me. I haven't been able to bear taking the blue yarn braids out of my hair yet. It's gonna have to go soon though, unfortunately my head is starting to get fuzzy.

[an awesome video from this year (that I did not take) if you don't know what I am talking about when I talk about Burning Man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRAg9Pcpm4&list=FLASNXRcyopppxzxg1tDP83w&feature=mh_lolz ]

I hope you are all doing well. Especially my friends not on teh Facebooks.. 

How are you doing? What's new in YOUR life? I don't see ANY of you nearly often enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear things have been going well. :) Maybe next time you're down this way, we can actually get together for coffee or something.

    ReplyDelete