Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beach Break, Koh Lanta, Thailand

Jan 10th, 2012

Public bus to bus to airport. Singapore airport budget terminal isn't
all that nice. Plane to Krabi.

STUFFED minivan to Koh Lanta. There were too many people and the
driver kept trying to get a girl to move to the back (where there were
no more seats) and she kept resisting since she paid for a
seat.Eventually the driver gave up and told the 2 extra people they
had to wait for the next van. They piled all the luggage, and tons of
huge bags, on the top.

Arrived at Chill out house on Koh Lanta. It's made mostly out of
driftwood and recycled materials. I slept in "Floating" a bed out in
the middle of everything the first night. Moved to a closed(ish) room
the next when it came open. There is tons of Driftwood art. Neng and
the rest of the guests/workers were awesome. I got to explore the
outdoor kitchen. Washing dishes in cold water, always fun. The cold
showers though I could have done without. Hard to rinse my hair.

Spent the next few days making frineds and doing much of nothing. One
sunrise hike on the beach, and several walks to the main road to get
tasty inexpensive dinner. One pretty good massage and beer and company
in the evenings. A good rest place for a while.

With a bit over 3 weeks still to go I got talked into visiting the
philippines by an english woman I met. She raves about it so much,
I'll have to check it out. Booked a flight out of Bangkok, and now I
just have to take the train there.

No comments:

Post a Comment